Monday, April 27, 2015

Crescent Moon

Recently, while taking my dog for an early evening stroll, I saw this...


















 


Which inspired me to write this...





Crescent Moon


Crescent Moon in the evening sky.
Scarcely there, as am I.

Reflecting light, but just a trace.
The shadow cast conceals your face.
Far more hidden than one can see.
A shaded whole remains with me.

Knowing wink which cuts the night.
Revealing faults within your might.
Strong enough to rule the tides.
Yet too weak to show both sides.

A solo journey ‘round the earth.
Watching all from death to birth.
Constant change from phase to phase.
Live your life in a month of days.

An arcing path is bringing low.
The sideways smile you bravely show.
Long time ‘til we cast our eyes on.
Forced to yield to the horizon.

A celestial blink before you go.
Follow soon? We hardly know.
I can but nod, as if to say.
It’s now my turn to seize the day.

Crescent Moon in the evening sky.
Scarcely there, as am I.




If you like this poem, I have a few more HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Michael, I read your other poems. Fantastic stuff. I loved The Crossroads. Your short poems at the end were great and full of wisdom. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I love writing and I rarely write poems. But every once in a while something sparks an idea for one and I just have to get it down on "paper". I'm pretty happy with most of them, as they all have special meaning for me. But, crossroads is one of my favorites too!

      Btw, I got an e-mail a couple weeks ago from someone who wants to turn "krummholz" into a song. So, I'm interested in hearing how that turns out!

      Delete